Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Digest 19

As is my wont I've been thinking about the future, I guess...these are the posts and stories I've highlighted over the last few weeks.

Hopefully short term plans: learning to read, by Laura Shumaker.

Looking a little further down the road: wondering what typical sibling interactions with special siblings will be like (Hopeful Parents).

Then way down the line, career options also over at Hopeful Parents. (For the record my kiddo wants to be a doctor AND a teacher.)

And praying for a woman I've admired for many years, Joni Eareckson Tada. A fellow believer, a quadriplegic, and now a cancer patient. According to her website Joni will have surgery tomorrow afternoon. Please join me in praying for healing, wisdom, and comfort.

Meanwhile, for this time I'll share my praise song of the week, a favorite from Rich Mullins. I posted this on Facebook earlier this week, sadly (for me) noting that Mr. Mullins is already enjoying his eternal reward. I am so glad for the legacy of his music, which I guess some people don't quite "get," but so many of his songs express the unutterable groaning of my soul. This one always fits.
If I stand let me stand on the promise
That You will pull me through.
And if I can't let me fall on the grace
That first brought me to You.
And if I sing let me sing for the joy
That has born in me these songs.
And if I weep let it be as a man
Who is longing for his home.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I love that song. Thank you for posting the lyrics - I really needed to read them today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails