Friday, September 10, 2010

Taking it to the Next Generation

A couple of years after we got married, one of my husband's clients sons started a rock band. We had a lot of fun going to a couple of their early shows, and were surprised by how good they were. They are still going strong, writing more songs, doing more shows, and maturing their own style. I don't make it to a lot of rock concerts these days (hmmm...) but I just might have to make space on the calendar for one of Scraping for Change's upcoming shows.

Our friend posted this on facebook the other night:

We, Scraping for Change, will be playing a stripped down show at Oak Grove High School in San Jose on Friday, October 15. This is a benefit show put on by the Academy of Life and all proceeds go to high school kids with disabilities...

 $10 tickets for dinner and a rock-n-roll show and it all goes to help out teenagers with special needs. I call that cool advocacy, and taking the mission to a whole new generation.

If you are in the San Jose area and interested in the show you might want to check out:
  • The Scraping for Change website (also linked above)
  • A sample of their live music from YouTube (the song is called Breaking the Silence, and is the title of their new CD.)
  • Oak Grove High School
  • Academy of Life (hopefully I will have a link here soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not in the San Jose area, however I grew up in Salinas, what a small world!
Mary @ A Simple Twst of Faith

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I wish I was much closer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails