As the year draws to a close and everyone is making their year in review best of the best lists, I thought it would be fitting to pick out five great links I've found in the process of writing Simple Life posts. A digest of digests if you will. All but the last are already in the archives but are worth checking out again...
1) Originally posted June 21, 2009: Dads are Vital to Special Needs Kids!
2) Originally posted July 12, 2009: Some good advice on what to do with the inevitable looky-loos.Smile and say hello. This may give them an awareness that they are staring and that you've noticed. I love it.
3) Originally posted August 2, 2009: ...beyond school, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" perhaps a conversation starter for you and your special needs child. I think at last report our daughter wanted ME to grow up to be a firefighter...I'll have to see what she says now...
4) Originally posted August 23, 2009: I have been curious for some time how autism and other special needs are affecting developing countries. This post on Hopeful Parents answers my question and shares about an organization that is directly working with parents in these countries to help them learn strategies to help their children. Amazing.
5) This is a new one, a link to a You Tube video a friend of mine posted on Facebook. It's not truly special needs related (except that it uses augmentive communication technology, I guess) but it is FUN, and everyone deserves to have a little FUN sometimes. Besides, the message is important...He shall reign forever and ever...even in 2010!
Happy New Year!